Drive For Roane TransportationPutting Drivers First & Making Home Time a Priority.
Roane Transportation in East Tennessee is looking for dedicated truck drivers with a passion for excellence and professionalism! As a professional driver you are certain to have a stable and progressive driving career working for Roane Transportation, because we offer guaranteed weekly home time, the newest equipment, industry leading pay direct deposited weekly, and excellent health, dental, vision, and life insurance packages to all its drivers.
- Valid CDL class A license
- 2+ years OTR driving experience
- Flatbed experience preferred
- Pass pre-employment drug screen & no alcohol or drug violations
- Current DOT physical
- Acceptable motor vehicle record
- Other restrictions may apply
Pay & Benefits
- Earn up to $0.52 per mile with minimum pay guarantee*
- Sign-on bonus
- $0.05 per mile extra on permitted loads
- Performance bonus
- Paid vacation & Holidays
- 401K retirement plan with profit sharing
- Low cost health, dental, & vision insurance
- Proper securement training
- Second to none Peterbilt & Freightliner tractors
- 10 speed transmissions
- 500 horsepower 12.7 Detroit engines
- Power steering & windows
- AM/FM/Sirius/XM + Refrigerators + Power Inverters
- Qualcomm Satellite Systems with ELD equipped
- 53ft aluminum spread-axel trailers by Retenour, Mac, & Fontaine
*With our National fleet.
Now Hiring Drivers in TN, KY, GA, NC, SC, OH, & AL.
National, Regional, & Local Driving Careers
What makes Roane Transportation one of the best trucking companies to work for? Not only are we one of the highest paying trucking companies in the Southeastern United States, but we offer our drivers exceptional benefits and the opportunity to drive local or regional routes, giving you more time at home. Driving for Roane Transportation is not just another driving job, but a true career in transportation.
Our national fleet drivers average 2700 miles per week. With flexible home time and the potential to earn up to $0.52 per mile with a minimum pay guarantee, driving OTR with Roane Transportation is an easy choice.
Our regional fleet operates mostly east of the Mississippi River. Regional drivers are home every weekend.
Our local fleet drivers operate within a 100-mile radius of Knoxville, TN, and are home each night.
Not local to East Tennessee? No Problem!
With our hot lane routes, you can live outside of Knox County, Roane County, and even East Tennessee. Our hot lanes run statewide in Tennessee and to several cities in the Southeastern United States.
Larger cities include:
St. Louis, MO
Louisville and Lexington, KY
Our drivers have the ability to drop and swap loads in cities closer to their homes, making it easier for you to be a Roane Transportation driver no matter where you call home!
Roane Transportation Benefits Schedule
With a CDL in hand, you are sure to have some great options for your driving career. For this reason, Roane Transportation strives to be a leader in employee benefits for its drivers and support staff. While there are variations in available plans, the following is an overview of the company’s award-winning benefits:
Medical and Vision Insurance
- Blue Cross / Blue Shield
- Partial premium paid by Company
- $25,000 in life insurance paid in full by company
- $50,000 in accidental death Insurance paid in full by company
- Employee Paid Premium
Paid Vacation (OTR Drivers)
- 1 Week @ $500.00 – 1st Year
- 2 Weeks @ $1000.00 – 5th Year
Paid Vacation (Hourly Drivers)
- Vacation Weeks paid on basis of 40 hr work week
- $1,000.00 Sign-on bonus for new OTR company drivers.
- Paid after 90 days of successful employment.
- Paid out in $200 increments
Driver Referral Driver
- $500 per new OTR driver referral.
- Driver must remain for 90 days.
- Rehires not eligible for OTR Driver referral bonus.
Clean DOT Inspection Bonus
- $50.00 for clean level I and II inspections
- Excludes level III (driver credentials)
With National, Regional, and Local routes for our fleet, Roane Transportation offers a variety of flatbed driving options that guarantees we have the job you’ve been looking for. Apply today to begin your new driving career!
Best company I’ve driven for. Great miles, great trucks and great dispatcher.. Hope to be here a long time.
Great place to work. Good people in the office and shop. You are not a truck number here. Plenty of miles that keeps me rolling and gets me home when I want.
Definitely the happiest I’ve been since driving a truck. The staff is phenomenal, the equipment is great, and they keep me rolling. Respect and recognition DOES lead to retention.